Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

How I am going

Hey all it's 2.02 and I'm drunk, I know I shouldn't be... but couldn't help myself... my doctor said I have no delusions and hallucinations which I always thought was the case just over thinking, I finally feel on top of myself and the world around me which is good. Hi @Flying_Hams @SmilingGecko @TAB @ArtistZ @Ant7 

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Good Morning!

Hi @Former-Member ,

Just letting you know that we have moved your post to it's own space so that you can speak with us more about what is going on for you today and see support from peers. I can see that a lot has happened for you today, are you going okay?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also acknowledge that discussions around alcohol and drinking can be triggering and/or upsetting for some in our community. For anyone reading that may be impacted by this discussion, please reach out to the Alcohol and Drugs Foundation on 1300 85 85 84, or the SANE Help Centre for counselling support. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@cloudcore sorry wasn't aware of the rules everything is fine, just having an occasional drink just waiting for my assessment to be marked so I thought why not. Everything hasn't been fine but I'm on top of everything now @cloudcore. I will keep this in mind for next time. Thanks for the heads up

Hi @Former-Member , no worries at all as we understand that the guidelines aren't very clear in this instance. Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling on top of things after a difficult period. Waiting on assessment marks though always leaves me feeling a bit anxious, have you been feeling like that too?

Heart from cloudcore

Re: How I am going

Hi @Former-Member 

Glad to hear you are feeling on top of yourself and the world around you! Hope you take it easy!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry if I offended anyone I wasn't aiming for that by a long shot, simply stating what I was upto. @cloudcore I'm on new meds and finally feeling alive after, well since 2007 when I first noticed something wrong with me if you know what I mean... I may have an addiction problem with cigarettes and alcohol, though alcohol I have a control of and cigarettes I've cut down on severely just wanted to know what everyone was up to, by stating what I was up to, trying to see the positive in life... which now I know isn't from a high of drinking, still working on my self, but I feel I am better than I was 

@Former-Member , I'm happy to hear that you were able to work with your doctor to find the right medication for you, it must be a relief to feel alive again (or at least that's how I felt when I started the right one) Smiley Very Happy

You mentioned that you may have an addiction problem, I'm wondering if you have any supports around that at the moment?

Here with you Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Have supports @cloudcore thanks for asking

itsjusme1

hey @Former-Member
hope you're ok
Former-Member
Not applicable

My friends ignore me since I told them about my diagnosis, only one talks to me but he's a narcissist - plus they like pictures on my Facebook that they have no business liking - online harrsment as I see it, better to have no friends than friends like that anyway. Got a good support system at home though will stick to that now....anyways hopefully I can make some friends when I start working, only having interviews these days. Maybe I'm rushing things when they don't work out, from what I remember I don't remember being treated like this anyway... @Flying_Hams @cloudcore @pinklollipop15 what do you guys think?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance