Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bipolar2
New Contributor

Going blind

Hi guys, 

I have been on the same medication for 6 years now. I respond well to it but it’s causing me to go blind. Not sure what to do because I’m afraid to change medications. Anyone else have the same problem? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Going blind

Hi @Bipolar2,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for sharing your story and for reaching out. This sounds like a very tricky situation. If you are keen for advice on specific medication, there is a helpline that you can call to recieve expert medical advice. The details are here.

Do other members who have needed to change meds, for various reasons, have advice/support for @Bipolar2?

That med website looks good @Chamomile

It is difficult, but work through with MH professionals ... sometimes they wean off slowly as they start up a new med.  Best talk about it sooner than later, so you can manage it gradually. @Bipolar2

Hi @Bipolar2,

Just checking in, wondering how you are tracking with this?

One of my medications (to counteract tardive dyskinesia from antipsychotics), if taken regularly, can render my slight as poor. Thankfully my sight was restored after stopping that medication and reducing my antipsychotic medications. 

It's hard when things like this happens especially when it is something like having to stop a medication and start a new one due to something as serious as blindness. I hope you have an ok resolution for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance