Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Yowie3
New Contributor

Done

Stress and mental fatigue have me waking up every few days thinking about dying. I dunno why, generally I'm a pretty happy guy, like to laugh all the time, make others happy and turn to God for everything, but lately there's been a lot of shit going on at home and in my marriage, feeling overwhelmed and can't work properly, can't do my studies, just don't know what to do honestly. I hate feeling like this, like an overwhelming darkness engulfing me, but it's how I feel, but at least I know I'm feeling like this, and I know I need help. That's the first bit. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Community Manager

Re: Done

Hey there @Yowie3 and welcome to the forums Smiley Very Happy

Its great to have you here and I hope you find it a supportive and helpful place to be. It sounds like you've noticed a change in yourself lately that worries you. Experiencing thoughts of dying is a sign that you feel really distressed at times and its so important, as you have mentioned, that you recognise you need help and have access to some support for your mental health. You've done so well reaching out on the forums here. Do you feel like you could speak to your GP?

I'm sure other members will jump in with support soon Smiley Happy

Here are some other helplines you can reach out to for one to one support off the forums:

SANE Help Centre: 1800 18 7263 or chat (10am-10pm weekdays)

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

I know this feeling. I'm still struggling myself but have hope with the right support that I will find my way through the darkness and onto the other side. I hope the same for you. 

Maggie
Community Elder

@Yowie3 @Any1  Welcome to you both.

I’m sorry things are tough. Yes @Yowie3  knowing how you are feeling is the first step. Your GP will be able to help you with further steps. 

You are both welcome to join in anywhere around the forums. You will certainly find understanding and support here.

The @ brings a dropdown. That’s how we tag each other.

Good Morning  is a good thread to meet others and have a friendly chat.

I hope to see you both around.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance