Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

16sundayz
Contributor

Day Hospital or Day Group

Does anyone know of a therapeutic community in Melbourne that I can stay overnight like once a week or just go there for a month during the day and have activities, group and individual counselling and chill time and then I'm free to go, not a psych ward though.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Day Hospital or Day Group

Hi @16sundayz. I'm not sure you'll be able to find info on specific groups and places around as we can't share much specifically because of the need for anonymity. But perhaps you could try calling the SANE helpcentre - that may have some ideas.

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, and you may already know about them, but something that came to my mind is a Prevention and Recovery Centre (PARC). They are very supportive and a good step between home and hospital. You can get leave to stay at home (they encourage that especially towards the end of your stay) and they have groups, outings, psychoeducation sessions, people to talk with etc. They're pretty flexible and work with you on what you need too. You're free to come and go, but you do have to work with your worker through that.

It might be something to look into.

Re: Day Hospital or Day Group

Hi @16sundayz@CheerBear provides some great advice, additionally, do you have a GP or psychologist that you can reach out to in order to find the right place for you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance