Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

P12
Senior Contributor

Crying

Is anyone able to offer advice about my situation?

I have cried more times in the past five months than I have in the previous fifteen years. Sometimes I cry while trying to fall asleep. Other times I cry while walking around my streets at night after work. Crying makes me feel better for an hour or so afterwards, but in the days between I resume my sadness which leads to more crying.

To the best of my knowledge, I cry because I haven't achieved fulfillment of my needs and desires. I know what I need to improve my happiness but apparently don't have the practical skills to achieve it. Sometimes I feel I am mistreated by other people and no matter how assertive I try to be they are intentionly averse to my rights. I have tried strategies to improve my situation, but they seem to suppress my sad emotions, which eventually leads to more crying.

I wish I knew how to stop being sad.

9 REPLIES 9
Rainforest
Senior Contributor

Re: Crying

Hey @P12 , I probably can't give you much advice other than to say that crying can be a sign of healing.  It sounds like you might also be grieving for what might have been and for people who have wronged you - all really valid reasons to be sad.  It might be helpful, if you're not already, to see a counsellor to process some of these difficult emotions and memories.  I hope in some way this helps and know too that we're always here for you 🌻

Maggie
Community Elder

@P12  I don’t have advice, but I do understand. I lived most of my life numb, then the water works started. I seem to cry for every reason, and no known reason. It is exhausting.

I am wondering if you have any support in place. You said you haven’t received fulfilment of your needs and desires. Maybe support could help there.

Sending some 💞💞💞

frog
Community Elder

Hi @P12 I feel for you. It sounds like a lot of sadness has made it's way to the surface over the last 5 months. I didn't cry for a very long time because part of me felt that if I did, I'd never stop. The time came where I didn't have a choice any more and I can relate to what @Maggie said about the floodgates opening. It can be exhausting living with deep sadness, and I hope that at least having a safe space here to express what you are going through will help a bit.

I've had hit-and-miss experiences with counselling, but have found a psychologist who is a really good fit and has helped me to slowly unpack some of my difficult experiences. Do you have a trusted gp? That was the starting point for me.

P12
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the help. I do have a psychologist and also spoke with a separate counsellor recently. I can continue trying.

I hope those supports work for you  @P12  Take care.

@P12 It is a journey and will take time, feel for you.  Remember you are not alone.  Step by step you can achieve fulfilment. 🙂  Stay strong

Welcome to the forums @DJMasters. Nice to see you. 👋👋

Well said @DJMasters 

Hope you are ok today @P12 

I am have having waves of sadness myself atm.

Hi @Maggie @Appleblossom 

Thanks Maggie, great to be here

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance