Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Starta
Senior Contributor

Cancer took my husband of 40 years. Not coping.

Hello.
I'm not coping at all. I miss my husband so much i lived for him.
186 REPLIES 186

Re: Cancer took my husband of 40 years. Not coping.

We got married when I was 18 he was 20. My first love my last love. .From being well to dying in a matter of 4 months. I watched him deteriorate before my eyes. I nursed him at home..I watched him leave him..

Sending a warm hug @Starta and a warm welcome to Sane. I am so sorry for your loss....really there are no words. I am currently nursing my husband whom has cancer. That disease robs us of so much.......

Do you have family around you that you can lean on? I am here for you if you wish to talk and lean on someone. My heart goes out to you. 🤗

(-Eniama-)
Hello. I'm so really sorry about your husband. I'm sorry I don't want to get you all upset by talking about what I went through. My thoughts are with you🤗

Hi there @Starta and @Former-Member. 

Great to see you both supporting each other and chatting here, just wanted to use the @ mention function for you to see @Starta's reply to you @Former-Member 🙂

Hi @Starta

You are so kind @Starta. Thank you for the hug. I am not upset and I am happy to be here for you. I know the pain of grief and no one should go through that alone. Please don't hesitate to talk and lean on me if you need to x

Thank you @Pebbles 😊 

@Former-Member,

I went and still am going through his last 4 months, how can I speak to you when you yourself are going through it. It's to hard for me to I am afraid I might upset you I'm sorry, my tears are falling just thinking about what's happening to you and your husband. 

I understand @Starta. Others will soon join in to support. Please know that you are not alone in this and that I so feel for what you are going through and care. 🤗

@Former-Member.

Thank you, 

May I ask how long have you been together for.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance