Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kittycorn
Casual Contributor

New here.

I dont know how to write this out but  here goes anyway.

Im new here. 24 years old and have 2 beautiful children.

I have susspected my whole life iv had depression and anxiety in some form and have  recently been researching borderline personality disorder and from what iv read and compared i have some  form of that aswell, since  i was a teen. Iv suffered from non suicidal  self harm more so when i was a teen but have recently self hsrmed again. i haven't been diagnosed though. Its a very scary daunting thing  to go to the gp and ask for help but i am so much closer to just making  the appointment and getting help.  

I want to feel like part of a community here... is that what its like on these forums? Im terrified of being judged and rejected. 

Thankyou to those who have read this. Hope to hear from someone, have a chat with some maybe? 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: New here.

Welcome @Kittycorn,

Thank you so much for sharing.

As you mentioned below it can be very daunting and scary reaching out for help, it is so amazing that you are contemplating making an appointment with a GP. Although this can be scary it can also help in understanding whats going on for you and it is a positive step forward.

I hope that you find the forums helpful Smiley Happy

All the best,
Turquoise.

hi @Kittycorn and welcome!
well done for reaching out for help. Im 22 and although i dont have kids so i cant relate in that aspect, i do have BPD, anxiety, depression amongst other things. i also self harm so can relate to you on that too.

Speaking to your gp is pretty tricky but it sounds like a good first step. perhaps if you cant physically say whats happening then writing it down and handing that paper to your gp would be helpful. ive done that myself and i know others have too.

again welcome! feel free to ahve a look around and contrinute where you like. if you want to tag members you jsut put an @ symbol before their name just as ive done for you so that we get the notification.

@Turquoise thankyou  ❤️ 

Thanks for the reply @outlander

Thanks also for your suggestions and help. 

I will get there eventually. The step to actually going to my gp is huge. Im so nervous. Iv wanted to go see someone since i was 15 but keep putting it off and never being confident enough to go.

@Kittycorn Hi Kittycom and welcome to the forums :). I can assure you that you will never be judged here. These are very accepting forums full of great people with all kinds of backgrounds who will always be open and friendly. Have a look around as @outlander said and I hope to see you around. greenpea 🙂

being nervous is normal @Kittycorn but you can do it. take the first step and and start by making an appointment to see your gp.

hello @Kittycorn, welcome to the forum

and how are you today xx

Hello @outlander , @greenpea

@Shaz51 hi , thanks for the welcome 🙂

Yesterday wasnt too great i had a bit of a breakdown over nothing  really. My 4 year old daughters bike tyrs where abit flat so she couldn't ride it properly and  i had  to keep pushing her whilst also trying to push my 3 month old in the pram amd walking ahead of her then waiting in the heat for her to catch up. yeah i ended up being in a panniced mess and called  my partner in tears to pick us up and drive us the rest of the way to my friends house. He didn't really understand why i was so worked up and said that it was partly my fault as i should have known she wouldnt be able to ride properly 😣

How are you? 

very understandable my friend @Kittycorn Heart

things mount up like the heat , ect , ect xx

sending you knowing hugs

I have 4 stepchildren who are all adults now , but I am remembering the time I took them down town , had the 2 little ones in the twin pram , the older 2 had a little pram , they were ok going to town but on the way home I had the 4 of them in the twin pram and the little pram on top Smiley Very Happy

hope today was a bit better xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance