Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Isolation

I'm a 16 year old girl and I've really been struggling lately. I have BPD and being in isolation had been making me feel worse. I can't control my emotions and every little thing is triggering me and making me want to self harm. I was almost 2 months clean, which is a record for me, but I broke it tonight. Soemthing happened and it just pushed me to do it and I don't know what to do anymore. No matter what I try I always want to hurt myself and I can't stop

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Isolation

Hi @Former-Member, I am one of the moderators on this forum.

It seems you are going through a very difficult time. I can hear you are distressed and find it difficult to control your emotions right now. I will send a private message to you to check in how you are doing. Take care. 

Rusty6
Casual Contributor

Re: Isolation

Hi @former-member, 

I hear your pain and struggle, 16 is a hard age to feel this. I have been where you were at 16 but diagnosed at 18 with BPD. Self harm isn't great and i i know how hard it is to not do it. Can you find 5 things that can distract you when you have the urge? Use your 5 senses as well? I still self harm myself so only suggesting what I'm told in these moments.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance