Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

scotty
Casual Contributor

Hi again.

Sorry to be a nuisance on here but i just feel like you know what. It comes and it goes like a yo-yo. I can feel quite good and think i am on the mend then i get into a frame of mind where i could not care what happens. I feel as if i have just wasted my whole life. Is there no end to this

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hi again.

You're not a nuisance AT ALL, @scotty ! That is what we are here for - to lend an ear (or clicks) to others and support each other.

It sounds pretty relentless, living life on a string going up and down like a yo-yo. The highs are good, but the lows sound like they can feel pretty . From you're previous, it seems like this a place that you've been before. While it's unpleasant, know that it will eventually pass, just as it has done past. 

@Johnti has experienced something similar. Have you got any wise words for scotty? @Alessandra1992 @Loopy @Uggbootdiva , I also understand that you've gotten through some down times. Any advice for scotty? 

@scotty 

Dont let negative self talk get you down- i dont know how your mind works but some times all people can do is think to them selfves: " i feel horrid, i know this will past because this is just the way i am some times- ill have a rest yuck day today, and start fresh tomorrow"

Try to challenge your self. ( challenge the negatives )

Give me a list of the little things you notice in one day that you enjoy.

Mine are-

I love my first cup of coffee in the morning ( for example )

I really notice the brightness of the colour green when i walk past peoples houses with nice lawns.

Looking forward to reading your reply

Baboo

yeah been there @scotty

It's exhausting and you just want to get off.

small steps. :

Well I got up today/brushed my hair/teeth (seriously major acheivements for me sometimes)

Just stopping to look at a sunset, or smell your coffee (def. @baboo), or feel how good your favourite jumper feels or enjoy the heat or coolness of an airconditioner, even notice something in a colour you like, my favourite is bright azure blue.

Not sure what your MI is, but if it involves depression it is critical to keep moving, somehow, any how, however slow and incremental.

Would you tell someone else their life was a waste? that made me realise I should stop saying it to myself. The tapes we play in our head are so powerful.

My job was to say every morning to the mirror  "I'm ok, I'm supposed to be here. I'll get there'

Didn't believe it, but promised my psych I would. It's still something I do in a low, its very powerful - takes a while though.

*sigh* these might sound trite but they do make a difference. I'm proof cause I am still here.

Little little steps.

Loopy
Senior Contributor

scotty, welcome to the world of MI. Sometime I wish the sun would not rise so I can stay in my safe little world. Other times I can't wait because of dreams. Never the same, always crappy or crappy. Sometimes I feel good other times I burst into tears and I don't know why. I shouldn't speak for everyone but I reckon we all have, at times felt the way you do. You will crawl out but in good time it may take time or it may happen tomorrow. No matter what it will happen. Always remember you have a great deal of unknown helpers and friends in this forum, use it and never be afraid to tell it how it is. Scotty I have a habit of rambling on but sometimes I need to to reinforce my beliefs. STICK WITH IT

loopy

@scotty..your life is never wasted! Living through the ups and downs of mental health is exhausting, alienating and just a hellish journey at times..
But..but..out on the other side are the friendships I would not have without this shared experience..and the hope other people carried for me at my lowest..I hope we (in the forum) hold it for you!
You alone can do it, but you can't do it alone..

sandy, wise words, everybody needs someone to talk to and this is the place, no embarrasing moments, crying in front of others or loss of control.

regards.

Yes! Small steps sometimes ... getting out of bed, having a shower ... then getting back ON the bed, rather than in it can be a good day.

Dear Scotty

No-one, absolutely no-one on this forum is a nuisance.

Thank you for your post and thank you to the forum members who replied.

Maude.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance