Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Starlight01
New Contributor

Breaking through

So, as many have, I have had a life time of struggles from sexual abuse to mental and physical abuse. I am stuck, not long after i met my partner of 13years i was diagnosis with bi polar.  She is AMAZING and helps me t through but I can't trust. I understand love and trust go hand in hand but I am scared I am going to eventually lose her. I don't know how to trust. What do i do? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Breaking through

Yes, I have been together with my husband for 27 years and I still get s ared of loosing him. 

It's only now, after a few years of regular counseling that I'm starting to trust him. 

What worked for me was focusing every night on the good stuff that happen every day. I think that for me that was the key. 

I understand were all different and I will not tell you what to do and maybe it's worth the try. 

Good luck. 

Good on you! I will be back on track like you one day I hope ,cause I love her but I have become nasty all because of my past. I think I have become an abuser cause I have aloud my fears to control all she does. This is not me and I am scared. The fight to rid these insecurities is bigger than anything I have had to overcome and there's been some really bad things to overcome. I found love and I am just ruining something so very and truely amazing.

Thank you again. 

When you put your mind to it you can achieve anything @Starlight01. You have done one of the best things you could have done and that is self reflection. You know there is something not quite right that needs some polishing. All you should try and do is be open with your partner and maybe seek some professional help. They can give you the right tools to help you on your journey of healing and growing.

I too experienced a very abusive relationship and have a lot of emotional baggage that has stayed with me for many years. It stops me from being able to communicate properly for a fear of conflict and abuse comes over me. It is something I am still trying to repair but it does take time.

A lot of people on here will be able to give you some advice. Good luck and nice to meet you.

Blep 😸
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance