Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: And then the sun will rise... I promise you...

Morning @Tiggeroo hope todays a good one for you and that sun keeps shining

Morning @Former-Member and @Appleblossom

I don't think our whippet has the same 'service dog' potential as your germs @Tiggeroo, although there was one day recently when Mr D really anxious and she was a bit wary of him. He walks our girl every day (lost our boy about 7 weeks ago). Is anxiety an issue with your bipolar bear?

Took a long time for me to be able to breathe after Mr D's crisis which did include an attempt and I was praying you would be spared from that. Have you been able to get back into playing sport and doing other things you enjoy?

Hey @Former-Member,

I recently changed employers so I have been focussing on work a bit and not so much the fun stuff. But we are getting more into a routine that involves more laughter and fun than sadness and despair... so im happy with that. 

Anxiety is a huge issue for Bipolar Bear... the main reason he no longer works is he would get himself in to a state of anxiety resulting in panic attacks after simply getting out of bed and hopping in the shower for work. He also gets quite anxious about events where there will be lots of people he needs to interact with, for example, work events with me. Its awful to witness. 

The germs used to get "scared" but recently they have opted to go to him instead of run away... which is a new behaviour for them but it is working so go them haha! Apparently they signed up to the team "we are going to beat this" memo's haha! 

Darcy I can only imagine what you must have gone through with Mr D, I felt utterly useless in our situation and I cannot even begin to imagine watching my partner in that much distress. You must be incredibly strong. I hope that Mr D sees that... even if it is only sometimes! I know that recently Bipolar Bear has become more aware of what my life must be like, and he doesnt understand why I stay... if only he saw the man I see and not the monster his brain shows him. But just in case no one has told you lately... I think you are truely amazing! 

xx

Tigz

Pleased to hear the Germs have "got with the program" Tigz.

As hard and as frustrating as it has Mr D does not have the drinking or substance abuse issues and he is a very kind person, his delusions were religious, not personal. I think he struggles with his diagnosis more than I do. 

I would imagine that you too have had reserves of strength that you thought were not possible that have kept you going in the hard times.

images (3).png

@Tiggeroo any improvement on the anxiety? Mr D's is more OCD like - not one thing repeated all the time, but lots of little things - his latest is taking the soap out of shower bay - I have to check each time before I go in 😬

Hey @Former-Member,

We have had my mumma bear here with us for the long weekend, so all of us have been a little more relaxed. Just having "mum" around the house has been a nice change for both of us, even as adults! 

We have all gone out together every day, and Bipolar Bear has coped really well. Just trips out for a few hours here and there, he has been a champ. 

Anxiety can be such a tricky beast! His anxiety can also manifest in what i had always assumed was an eating disorder before i really got to know him. When he is feeling anxious he only eats VERY limited food. As in chicken and potato.... thats it... 

In saying that, i also know can use his eating habits as a warrning sign... when he starts to avoid other foods, i know it is time to start working harder on our communication and monitoring him a little more closely.

It sounds like you need a wall mounted shower gel dispenser @Former-Member! I personally know another young man with crippling OCD, and i often think i have no idea how his partner copes with it, but she probably feels the same about me haha!

Tigz

xx

Mama bears are wonderful @Tiggeroo even when we get older. 

Sometimes I think we all think others have it worse Tigz - Mr D's OCD things aren't so bad, a bit here and a bit there, not all day on the one thing, I just leave him to doing things slowly.  

download (1).jpeg

@Tiggeroo

I am wondering if you have heard of the cousin of bipolar bear ... the molar bear.

images (20).jpeg

Found a few more relatives @Tiggeroo  

Hope you are going ok ....  

images (41).jpgdownload (28).jpgdownload (29).jpgBowler BearBowler Bear

@Tiggeroo

Been thinking of you, how are you bearing up?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance