Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@eth  I’m sorry. Sending a big hug. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Gee @eth If a Support Worker (or anyone) said something like that to me -

- That would "Do my head in".....

Sounds patronising, belittling & rude (to me) - I could be wrong.

The statement is too ambiguous (open to interpretation) & confusing - which would leave me wondering "What the....did she mean by saying that"?

Hugs (((eth))))

Adge

Thanks again @Maggie  and you too @Adge   I know where she was coming from as this week I've talked with her at length about the trouble with bro last weekend and the things he wants me to do more/less if I'm to continue living here (I've written at length about it already here).  We had talked about me having the right to the 'dignity of risk', something everyone is entitled to, in particular with the ultimatums about smoking.  And how I feel like I'm constantly being scrutinised here - the others have gone to the farm for the weekend so that pressure is off for a couple of days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignity_of_risk

Very interesting concept.  And very applicable to my situation. 

@eth  Yes, I agree, a very interesting concept. A good read. Thanks for sharing.

I hope your weekend is pleasant, relaxing and yours. πŸ’šπŸ’š

Heart@Maggie 

Sorry I didn't reply last night @eth. What an utterly inappropriate thing for your support worker to say, even if it was just an off-the-cuff comment. Sorry for the anxiety that caused you. I hope you're feeling better today πŸŒΌπŸ’œ

Thanks @Molliex   Still coming down from the flood of neurotransmitter chemistry last night, but somewhat better gradually.  So sorry to hear your news elsewhere.  Lots of warm hugs xx

@eth πŸ’™πŸ’š

Good Morning @eth  Smiley Happy I hope the electro/chemical process has settled a bit for you, I hope you slept some Heart I know it can be a long process, but your body will process it, each individual has a different way including the amount of time it takes. I think all you can do is accept that it's happening & manage as best you can while it does. 

Love & support for you Eth HeartHeartHeart

Hi @Exoplanet  I ended up taking a prn yesterday and had a nap, woke feeling a lot more centred. Cooked and shared with sil's mum in the evening and then had a long chat with my old mate from the Territory.

You're right about acceptance and managing what is.  Spent this morning doing vacuming, cleaning the bathroom and weeding the driveway and sweeping the huge concrete slab that the jacaranda is dropping it's leaves onto at a rate of knots.  Took over 2 hours but felt good - just hope bro and sil realise I've made an effort.  Also had enough left of last night's cauliflower biryani for us all to have a hot lunch when they got back from the farm.  Have to let go of the way bro vented and move forward.  Focus on the positives about being here.  The major challenge now is to smoke much less - that's the hardest for me, I'm so addicted to it.

Hope you've had a good day.  I'll have to visit your thread.  I just don't get around on the forums like I used to.  I needed to step back a bit as I was losing several hours every day down the rabbit hole for a while there.

Take care my friend.  Stay safe and kind xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance