Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Believe
Contributor

Morning blues

Its that time again. Trying to motivate this heavy body in the morning is the worst. Getting the kids up with a smile as yep Ive slept in again (not sleeping in but just laying in really) Breakfast & lunches & fake smiles everyday. I get soooo tired of it. Just wish I could be a normal mum & loose this never ending gloom. Any suggestions on lufting my mood would be great. Im going to my sons athletics carnival today "Woohoo" ... not 😩 but Im gonna get moving anyway. Phych appointment tomorrow hoping a medication change may help
8 REPLIES 8
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Morning blues

Hello @Believe,

Sounds as though you are feeling things are really heavy for you right now and you are looking for any way to lift your mood.  I am wondering whether you have anything you usually try that works for you, like washing your hair, listening to music, grabbing a coffee?

I hope your day picks up for you and the sports carnival is not too full on.

Take care,

MummaMia

Hi @Former-Member
Thankyou for getting back to me so quuck 😁😁
I just did my hair & its helped. I dont know.... I know what I need to do & can usually do most of it. Its just the feelings they're a real pain in the butt. Ive always prided myself on being really confident but this time round my self esteem has taken a real beating. I even deactivated my facebook account due to the shallow nature of it. When once upon a time I loved it
Day by day
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Believe

Seems you are going on autopilot getting your stuff done while you feel empty inside.  Sounds tough and exhausting for you.  A real up hill battle just to get the day started.  Can you do something nice for yourself after the sports carnival?  Something to give yourself some space and take a breath?

Take care, MummaMia

Hey @Former-Member
Your 100% right. Auto pilot is all I can manage as thats all Ive known for so long. Feeling like Im getting somewhere but responsibilitys are that & theyre mine. My husband /ex isnt much help as I seem to walk on eggshells when I need him to help out. He has his own issues & Im just starting to recognise them as that ... his issues. Im a trooper loll & just chatting here this morning has done wonders.
Im so glad I came back to the forum. Its such a relief to know Im not the only one
Thanks again & I'll talk soon
The school bus (my car) is calling haha
Take care, God bless & PLEASE Have a great day😁
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Believe,

I am glad this helped today, lets hope your day gets better.  Take care, MummaMia

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Believe, mornings are hard for a lot of us, especially if depressed or not sleeping properly. Winter Blues make me sluggish. Its hard, even when married we can feel alone. Time in the sunshine every day helps me, staying warm, early nights and giving yourself time over a coffee to wake up. Hang in there, one step at a time 🙂

Hi @Former-Member
My boys carnival went well (even though I arrived late) he was so happy when he saw me. That definitely warms my heart. Didnt go in the parent vs teacher race this year ... at 46 I think Im finally done with them lolll

Hi @Former-Member
Yes thats so true. Haven't been sleeping all that well lately. I agree with the sunshine. I had plenty of it today & it perks me up every time. If only I could move my bed outside .... what a great way to wake up ... rays of warm sunshine instead of a alarm clock

Thanks for the chat. Look forward to seeing you both around the forum
xxx

Just logged on to have a SCREAM
The man is doing my head in. He complains about anything & everything. I have to bite my tongue to not let him have it. Hes stressed I get that but so am I. But apparently "I have nothing to be stressed about" grrrrrrr
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance