Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hi @outlander, I'm okish. Had my psychologist appt today. Were moving on to the more difficult things soon after I've moved house. I'm a bit anxious but it needs to be done.

I'm trying to summon up the energy to cook dinner right now.

Ive packed about half the kitchen. Took some kitchen stuff to the new place today. I have another two big bags packed which I'll take tommorow.

How have you been?

Wow lots of packing despite a difficult day @Sans911 you wouldnt have heaps to go now would you?
Aw hugs for the tough psych session, im not surprised your feeling anxious, i hope she takes thingys slowly and helps you to cope after each session too.

Im okish, things are a little tough here with just the usual stuff but trying my best to keep up with it all. My foots getting a little better since ive had the boot. Just been pretty tired and super hot in the heat which more is forecast for this week- cant wait for when its cool again!

You've really been slammed by the heat over there haven't you lil Sis? @outlander

Everything in therapy is at my pace which is mostly good. There's lots of stuff I've never said to anyone, so I don't know if I can open up about that. Some things are buried deeply but still affect me greatly now.

I've packed quite a lot, but still lots to go yet. And still more stuff to sell. I'm hoping to be done with the kitchen tommorow, and finish the lounge room & back room by the weekend.

Then next week will need to be the bedroom. I've done about 10 medium to large boxes, so that's quite a bit. They're very heavy;thank goodness for wooden floors so I can slide them along.

I'm glad your foot is getting a little better with the boot on. I understand things won't have changed dramatically.

Mr A wants to go outside again, so he's come to sit by my side. I better let him out for a bit longer before dark. And I need to fix dinner as well.

I'll be back soon.

ohhhhh hugs @Sans911 HeartHeart

Hello @outlander, @MDT, @Zoe7, @Sam3 xxxx

Yes its been so hot 😞 the only cooler days were yesterday and the day before where it was 26 the rest have been 30+ and really humid so feels hotter than 30. Tomorrow onwards we have between 32 and 36 all week. Hopeing for a cool change soon!

Im really glad itll be at your pace, your psych sounds good and like you trust her to even though opening up is hard- i dont blame you there eap with the traumatic stuff. Baby steps will be enough.

Wow thats heaps of boxes! So glad youll be getting help for your furniture and heavier items!

Its pretty awkward and still painful with thr boot but at the end of the day im not feeling crippled with pain which is a big difference. I just have to buy some joggers ( belive it or not i don't even own a pair!) As ive been wearing thongs so its causing some pain elsewhere just because of the way im walking due to height difference in legs. I was abit silly today though and had to just quickly go into the shop ao didnt take my boot but the ground was hot so walked very quickly and awkwardly which has flared it abit but manageable.

Chat later on 💕

A check in to see how you are travelling @Sans911 Miss seeing you around Hon but also know there is a lot going on for you and we all sometimes need time for ourselves. Sending you some love and hugs tonight Heart

Evening @Zoe7 @outlander

I'm still quite flat and very tired, but I'm continuing to pack bit by bit. This week I've been concentrating on the kitchen and bathroom, and I've transferred most of the stuff over to the new house.

I've had an appointment with an occupational therapist at my local mh clinic today. They have a health program that I'm interested in enrolling in. So I'm going to walk once a week with an OT, and I'm also going to a weekly worshshop on maintaining good health.

Moving itself is tiring and you have been doing a lot besides that @Sans911 so it is no wonder you are tired. Feeling flat can be a major side effect of being tired too Hon - I find I am much flatter the more tired I am - it gets harder to deal with the day to day stuff let alone all you have been doing. Go easy on yourself Hon - once you are all moved in to your new place you can start rebuilding your stamina. It sounds like you are thinking positively by wanting to enrol in this class, doing the workshop and walking with an OT - all things that will benefit you greatly. It shows that you are looking forward and doing things that are good for you - goodluck with it all @Sans911 Heart

Good on you @Sans911 sounds like a great step forward! And well done on still continuing to pack / unpack even though being tired and flat. 💜

Thanks lil Sis @outlander

I've been reading you're doing a little better.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance