Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

It’s ok to be not ok...

Hi all,

It ook me a while to realise that it was ok to take time out and withdraw from situations/ people / social media platforms that become overwhelming. I have a lot of empathy for others and at times, I give a lot then realise that my energy stores become depleted and I have to 'top up' by connecting with nature and spending time on my own maybe writing or painting (and talking to my 🐱and my therapist). Yes, it is a cliche but I like it! It's ok to be not ok and it's ok to be not ok so that you can work out how you want to travel through that 'not ok' time.
Some weeks I may post a lot on this forum and other weeks I may not. I am still very much part of this group and am grateful for all of your wisdom, experience and kindness 💚

6 REPLIES 6

Re: It’s ok to be not ok...

Very true @Former-Member! You can not be 100% put together all the time. You will have your ups and downs but that is life. In a way your downs make you stronger for the future

Blep 😸:tongue:

@Former-Memberso true, well said! Keep boundin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WyR4AqRweY

@Former-Member wrote:

Hi all,

It ook me a while to realise that it was ok to take time out and withdraw from situations/ people / social media platforms that become overwhelming. I have a lot of empathy for others and at times, I give a lot then realise that my energy stores become depleted and I have to 'top up' by connecting with nature and spending time on my own maybe writing or painting (and talking to my 🐱and my therapist). 

Very wise, @Former-Member   I have been appreciating your posts around the place. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @NatureLover 🌻

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Bezak482 🌞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Blep 😊 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance