Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Sending our thoughts to those in Perth

Hi Life After Bushfire Community

As you may have seen on the news this week, the Greater Perth area are going through bushfires at the moment and I want to take a minute to let those impacted know we are standing by them 💙

Please join me in sending love and thoughts to the Perth Community.

The Sane Help Centre and the Forums Community are here to support you should you need someone to lean on 

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 1.14.18 pm.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sending our thoughts to those in Perth

Oh no this is the first I’ve heard of it! How horrible. Can’t believe this is how I have heard, why no coverage?  

My hearts are with any Perth resident effected by this ❤️

Goodness. Thoughts with anyone affected by these bushfires in Perth. Here with a virtual ear or shoulder for anyone feeling the need to vent 💚💚

Sending lots of love and strength to those affected by the fires. The forums are always here if you need. Heart

Rosie93

@Daisydreamer @Oh how horrible! I hadn't heard.

My heart goes out to them and I hope they are managed and extinguished quickly. 

Very unfortunately Australia is prone to bushfires every single year. I used to live in Perth but I live for hours away from Perth now. I used to be the type of person that would watch all hours of the day and all hours of the night at anything I could get on what was going on. It is hard when as a firefighter you have left and are no longer in service. It is hard watching, it is hard remembering. It is like you are leaving your crew out there. I still have my uniform. It is one thing I can never get rid of. At times, I have wanted to just chuck it on, turn up and say right where do you need me? 

I always stop myself. I stop myself because as much as I want to help, I can also no longer handle the job itself I do not think. I am angry every year when these bushfires come along. Angry because I feel powerless, angry because people don't listen, angry because people lose their lives and homes, angry because firefighters lose their lives, angry with the fire itself, angry with the government and and even angrier if it has been lit on purpose. 

Powderfinger

Hi @Powderfinger,

I am sorry to have only come across your post now! 

The anger you are feeling here is understandable 💜

Angry because I feel powerless, angry because people don't listen, angry because people lose their lives and homes, angry because firefighters lose their lives, angry with the fire itself, angry with the government and and even angrier if it has been lit on purpose. 

Powderfinger

That feeling of powerlessness is so hard and I can hear that there is a lot to feel angry about. You mentioned you used to be really vigilant with checking in on news and staying up to date, and have been able to do less of that now. That vigilance and checking is something I still do too, even now I have moved away from the bush. Did you find that reducing your exposure to that news and constant updates have helped with the anger and feelings of powerlessness?

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: