Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Re: Why was my post taken off?

@greenpea  thats understandable you at least should be able to get an explanation 

8 REPLIES 8

Why was my post taken off?

Hi @Former-Member 

I don't understand why my post was taken off? More and more seem to be taken off lately. I think my post was fine and wasn't insulting and it is a real mental health issue for me.

I have not received a email telling me why it was taken off.

Thanks

greenpea

@greenpea  i have been wondering about this issue sometimes it seems like we post about things that seem fine to post and then for whatever reason they arent. i understand there has to be guidlines and some things are off limits but sometimes it is hard to know exactly what crosses the line and what doesnt. even after reading the guidlines sometimes it isnt clear and i have seen times where i have tried to post something and then it has been taken down but another person has posted basically the same thing and it gets left there. i mean who am i to know the rules but i often get confused on this issue. 

@Eden1919  I totally agree Eden1919 it is a mystery to me as well.

@greenpea  perhaps it was a system glitch if you didnt get an email about why it was taken off. unless they just havent got around to it yet. i am not sure but it is quite diffcult when you cant talk about something you need to especially because there are very limited spaces you can even talk about mental health without negative consequences. it makes the few spaces that you can even more important. 

@Eden1919  Yes I think you are right. I can assure you what I wrote about wasn't attacking anyone except maybe myself but without feedback how do you know. I also know that there was another post similar to mine which got shown so I am a little bit upset over mine being taken off.

Hi @greenpea and @Eden1919 , 

Sorry to hear the frustrations here. I know guidelines can be tricky, especially when things don't feel like they would have an impact and also knowing that no one has the intentions of breaching the guidelines most of the time here! This is why we definately do our best to work with a member via email on their post to understand where amendments need to happen and why. 

It looks like emails did go out to you @greenpea - perhaps they went to a spam folder by mistake? However I am going to send you a follow up email shortly to discuss so keep an eye out.  

Hi @Eden1919  @greenpea,

I have just moved this thread to this area where it is a bit more suited! As you can see though, for some reason it's rejigged so that Eden's latest post is at the top - many apologies!! Seems to be a tech moment gone wrong there 🤦🏼‍♀️. Trying to adjust it back but wanted to give you a heads up that I have moved this here 😀

@Lauz  Thanks Lauz 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance